Class time: 9AM – 6PM
Class Location: Rotolos Pizzeria – 1409 E. 70th St. Shreveport, LA 71105
(Lunch Included in course fee)
Start time will be 9am. We’ll finish up around 6pm.
This class will cover the information taught in the NRA Basic Pistol course and all legal and safety guidelines required by the State of Louisiana.
The training class costs $125 and Covers ALL Required Items such as: laws, deadly force/conflict, child access, fundamentals, ammunition, safe handling, required shooting scoring, etc. along with lunch (salad and pizza) from Rotolos Pizzeria.
Class will be taught by lead instructor Colin Evans (owner of 556 Tactical). Colin is a NRA Basic Pistol Instructor and Louisiana CHP instructor. Assisting will be Tom Newsom (co-owner of 556 Tactical and former USAF), along with Russell Haynes and Brandon Bruce all LA CHP Instructors as well as NRA Basic Pistol Instructors and are well versed in shooting and gun safety.
*NO FIREARMS IN CLASSROOM*
Required training for Louisiana CHP:
- One hour of instruction on Handgun Nomenclature & Safe Handling Procedures of a Revolver and Semi-Automatic Pistol
- One hour of instruction on Ammunition, Knowledge & Fundamentals of Pistol Shooting.
- Three hours of instruction on the Use of Deadly Force and Conflict Resolution which will include a review of R.S. 14:18 through 14:22 as well a review of any other laws relating to the use of deadly force.
- One hour of instruction on Handgun Shooting Positions
- One hour of instruction on Child Access Prevention
- Two hours of Live Fire / Range Qualification and Proper Handgun Cleaning Procedures are required as listed below:
- Live range fire shall include 12 rounds each at 6 feet, 10 feet, and 15 feet for a
- total of 36 rounds.
- Each applicant must perform at least one safe reload of the handgun at each distance,
- Each applicant must score 100% hits within the silhouette portion of a NRA B-27 Type silhouette target with at least 36 rounds.
During our training class we will provide you with the following:
- An in-depth classroom experience that meets and exceeds the state’s requirements.
- Hands on individualized training at the range.
- Certificate of Training and Quick Reference Packet pertaining to Louisiana CHP rules and regulations.
We make absolutely certain that all of our students are properly trained in the laws pertaining to self-defense and justified lawful use of force. You’ll be given all the training you need to make sure you are comfortable carrying a concealed handgun, if we need to stay late to assist you….we will.
We look forward to you joining one of our classes!
*NO FIREARMS IN CLASSROOM*